#virginia #traffic #ticket, #virginia #ticket, #virginia #citation, #virginia #traffic #lawyer, #virginia #traffic #court, #virginia #traffic #ticket #lawyer, #virginia #traffic #lawyer #listings
Traffic Ticket Attorneys in Virginia
SUMMARY: Traffic Ticket Attorneys in Virginia
Since paying off a traffic ticket seems like a simple solution, you may wonder why you should hire a traffic ticket lawyer. To better understand the importance of a traffic ticket attorney, you should know the consequences of traffic ticket convictions in Virginia. It can be hugely beneficial to do so. If you do decide you need legal representation, follow our tips for hiring a traffic ticket attorney.
NOTE . The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Most people typically opt to pay off their traffic ticket to avoid having to go to court. However, it can often pay off to fight your ticket, especially considering the fines and penalties associated with a ticket.
Since fighting a ticket can involve complicated legal matters in a court setting, you should consider hiring a traffic ticket lawyer to help you in your fight. In Virginia, several traffic ticket attorneys are available to assist you.
Why Hire a Traffic Ticket Lawyer?
An experienced traffic ticket attorney can represent you in court and help you:
- Avoid a traffic violation conviction.
- Have the charges against you dropped or reduced.
- Get your fines lowered.
- Avoid a driver’s license suspension.
- Avoid points on your driving record.
- Avoid an increase in your car insurance rates.
Continue reading to learn more about some of the penalties above.
Traffic Ticket Convictions in Virginia
To better understand the benefits of hiring a traffic ticket lawyer, it helps to know the possible consequences of a traffic violation conviction.
In Virginia, a traffic ticket violation can lead to:
- Points on your driving record.
- Driver’s license suspension.
- An increase in car insurance rates.
If you are convicted of a traffic violation in Virginia, the court will notify the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The DMV will then add the violation to your driving record, including its corresponding demerit points.
Points added to your record can lead to:
- Mandatory completion of a driver improvement course .
- Suspension of your driver’s license.
You can learn more about Virginia’s point system by visiting our DMV Point System in Virginia page.
Driver’s License Suspension
Regardless of points, some traffic violations will come with an automatic penalty of a suspended license or revocation.
Some examples of these violations include:
NOTE: Some traffic ticket attorneys do not represent drivers in DUI cases. Visit our DUI Attorneys in Virginia page to learn how to get legal council for your DUI case.
Car Insurance Rates
One of the biggest impacts a traffic ticket conviction can have is on your insurance premium.
Your driving record has a huge impact on your car insurance rates. Just one traffic violation conviction on your record can increase your premium by hundreds of dollars per year.
Your traffic ticket lawyer will work at keeping convictions off your record so you don’t have to pay more for car insurance.
Tips for Hiring a Traffic Ticket Attorney
When you fight a traffic ticket, you need the best legal representation possible.
When hiring a traffic ticket lawyer consider the following tips:
- Stay local – Having an attorney who knows the local law enforcement officers, the courts and its judges, and the area where your ticket was written can be a big advantage in your case.
- Shop around –Try not to be tempted into hiring the first attorney you contact; instead, find the one that’s right for you. Many traffic ticket lawyers will offer you a free consultation where they will go over your case and give you their rates.
- Trust – A high level of trust between client and attorney is important. Make sure that you are comfortable relying on your attorney to have your best interests in mind.