Over 50s Life Cover plus
Look after your loved ones with simple, affordable life cover
Provide you and your family with peace of mind
It’s natural to worry about your family’s prospects when you’re gone. Our Over 50s Life Cover Plus can help put your mind at ease.
Unlike similar products on the market, Over 50s Life Cover Plus offers serious and terminal illness benefit as standard after the policy has been open for two years, in addition to legal and care advice.
Acceptance is guaranteed without the need for a medical examination, and cover is available to any UK resident between the 50 and 80 years old (subject to sum assured and premium limits).
Why Life Cover ‘Plus’?
- Plus practical, emotional and health support for you and your family.
- Plus a £250 contribution to your funeral with our free Funeral Funding Option.
- Plus the option to nominate beneficiaries to receive a prompt pay-out of up to £5,000.
See how we compare
The figures above are for a 63 year-old non-smoker, whose premium is £16 a month. This table is designed to compare levels of cover that may be available. It is not a comprehensive comparison of all product benefits.
All information is correct as at 21/04/2017.
What does it mean to be 5 star Defaqto rated?
Defaqto is an independent financial services expert which monitors around 41,000 products like ours. They use facts and expertise, rather than opinions, to rate a vast array of financial products from 1 to 5. This ensures customers can select and buy these products in confidence. We are extremely proud that OneFamily’s Over 50s Life Cover Plus is rated at five stars by Defaqto.
What is the average cost of a funeral in your area?
Type of funeral:
The cost of a funeral in your area
The average cost of a in your county in 2016 was . These costs are based on an assumed annual rate of increase in funeral costs of 4% per year. The estimated average cost provided should not be relied upon to estimate the precise cost of a funeral.*
The average cost of a funeral in your area provided does not include estimations on the items listed below.
- Additional funeral cars for family members
- Death notices
- Funeral catering and venue hire
- Estate administration fees
* A Study into UK Burial and Cremation Costs by Trinity McQueen, March 2017.
About your policy
How your cover works
During the first two years
- If you die of natural causes we will pay out 150% of the premiums paid.
- If you die as a result of an accident we will pay out three times the life cover up to a maximum pay out of £48,000.
After the first two years
- When you die, we’ll pay out the sum assured as a cash lump sum, less any serious illness benefit.
Serious and terminal illness benefit
- 100% of life cover paid in the event of a terminal diagnosis after two years.
- 20% of life cover paid in the event of a serious illness diagnosis after two years.
Please read the Policy Summary before you take out a plan with us. It contains all of the information you need, including the full terms and conditions.
What you need to know
- You won’t have to pay for your cover once you reach age 90 but your cover will continue for life.
- If you stop paying premiums before age 90, the cover will cease and you won’t be entitled to claim any money back.
- The cash lump sum on death normally counts as part of your estate and so may be subject to inheritance tax.
- You could pay out more money in premiums than the policy pays out.
- Our Over 50s Life Cover Plus is not a savings plan and has no cash-in value.
- Due to inflation, any pay out may not buy as much in the future as they would now.
OneFamily is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), which is designed to pay customers compensation if they lose money because an authorised firm is unable to pay what they owe because they’ve ceased trading and declared in default. Find out more about the FSCS »
Frequently asked questions
When does my Over 50s Life Cover Plus start?
Immediate cover is available in most cases if you apply for Over 50s Life Cover Plus online or by phone. If you apply by post, your cover will start once we’ve processed your application and you should get your policy documents within a few days.
How long does my Over 50s Life Cover Plus last?
You’ll be covered for life as long as you pay your premiums. What’s more, once you reach the age of 90 you stop paying premiums but your cover will carry on until you die or if you claim a terminal illness pay out. However, if you stop paying premiums before you’re 90, your plan will stop and you won’t get anything back.
Do you offer joint life cover policies?
No. But you can make sure each of you is covered by each taking out an Over 50s life cover policy.