Robertson College’s Legal Assistant program is designed to give you a basic understanding of office procedures and the skills required to obtain an entry-level position as a Legal Assistant.
- Gain an understanding of the basic components of Criminal Law, Family Law, Wills Estates, Real Estate and Immigration Law
- Learn to perform legal transcription which involves an understanding of legal terminology
- Gain an understanding of common office procedures as well as procedures specific to a legal office setting
- Learn how to use a keyboard properly and increase your typing accuracy
- Develop your computer skills and learn to use Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Legal Assistant Program Practicum
Valuable workplace experience is gained during the compulsory 4-week full-time practicum.
what you could be earning in less than one year $29,723 – $50,003 wage data taken from: jobbank.gc.ca
program duration 44 Weeks
- Complete the diploma 100% online with course materials accessible 24/7
- Stay on track with weekly assignments and activities
- Instructor feedback, discussion boards and practical assignments provide an interactive learning experience
- Lifetime career services and job search assistance are available to you wherever you are located in Canada
- Financial assistance is available to students who qualify
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Secretary
Graduates of this program have found employment in legal firms, legal departments within corporations, real estate agencies, insurance companies, government departments and municipal, provincial and federal courts.