MozyEnterprise is EMC’s subscription-based online data backup service for business. Here’s how it works: The network administrator pushes out Mozy software to his clients by using a deployment tool such as Microsoft’s Systems Management Server (SMS ). The new software installs itself, copies encrypted versions of each machine’s files, and sends the encrypted files over the Internet to be stored at EMC data centers. The backup process is managed through a Web-based administrative console.
Download this free guide
Download the PDF version of “Dell EMC World 2017 Recap
Save yourself time and energy by downloading our comprehensive PDF version of this event recap, accessing all the news and notes from Dell EMC World 2017 in one place
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
In addition to the 448-bit Blowfish and 128-bit SSL encryption built into MozyPro, a lower tier of service, MozyEnterprise includes:
- key management services
- RSA security authentication
- integration with Active Directory
- centralized deployment
- data seeding, which EMC describes as a means of uploading a hard drive directly onto hosted systems in order to save users time and bandwidth
- the ability to restore multiple file versions up to 30 days old
- restore options that include online, client-based, DVD, hard drive and virtual drives